Disclaimer: I normally try not to post about this at all on my blog and I try to just avoid it all together here but I guess today I feel like rambling so I hope you don't mind. Just ignore it it might be negative and more or less its just for me to get my feelings out.
So once again today I got to take a dreaded test. I like to refer to it as a torcher test cause that's what it makes me feel. However awaiting the results is even worse but I have do to it right. Needless to say I got to have yet another blood pregnancy test today. Let me just tell you I get to have these all to often to be shattered by its results. I wish I could just have a normal body that would cycle on its own and start a period so I didn't have to go through this before I could be put on medicine to induce one. I hate the wonderful world of infertility.
I do have the thank the Lord for the miracle I have. Hailey sure has been a blessing to us and as each month passes and we get yet another negative result I am remind of what a miracle she is to our family. I can't be grateful enough for her. I love her to death and I am sure we make that known. I know the Lord wanted us to have her and she was blessed to come to us when she was. Its amazing how much infertility we have gone through and terrible results we often get. However some how the Lord blessed us with her and we will be forever grateful for her presence in our family. And she may just be the only miracle we get.
We have been battling the wonderful world of infertility pretty much our entire married life. We have been married just over six years and that's enough to take its toll on us. I know a lot of other people have it a lot worse than us and I feel for them. I can't even imagine how I feel and how much worse they must be feeling.
I don't know why but I felt like I should share some of my story with you. I have a condition known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. There is tons of information on the web about it if you want to really read about it. Basically my body doesn't ovulate and has lots of cysts on my ovaries which cause me to not ovulate. The have tried several treatments to get me to ovulate and they do a blood test every month to see if I ovulated. Well normally my results are extremely low. They would like to see my level be at a 12 and normally is at .2. Just to give you a little perspective. Two months ago I did have a high result which was amazing for me but we didn't get lucky. Needless to say I have done lots of infertility treatments. I have been to a few different reproductive doctors and its so overwhelming to go through that.
Anyways we tried for quite a well when I was blessed to get pregnant. We were so excited. We couldn't believe it. It was a miracle. Well after doing an ultrasound they found a 11 cm cyst on my ovary. That wasn't a good thing. They told me they could do surgery to remove it while being pregnant but that was risky. They said it would just take time and we'd have to wait it out. Well I ended up having a miscarriage and losing the baby. That was horrible and of course devastating. However we never know if that cysts was there my whole life or what so now I can look at it as a blessing that they found it. I ended up being cut open and having some major surgery to have the cyst removed. While they were in there they drilled holes in my ovaries to help the cysts on them drain. Not long after recovering from that surgery I was blessed to get pregnant with Hailey. We had been doing some fertility drugs and it was our last month to try them. They only let you do them for a certain amount of months because they could cause cysts. Our family fasted and prayed with us as it was our last try. They did the blood test to see if I ovulated and of course it was super low. We figured we had no luck but were pleasantly surprised when we found out I was pregnant. And of course as you know we were lucky enough to get pregnant with Hailey. Of course I was a nervous wreck my entire pregnancy. I never wanted anything to go wrong. I did end up with high blood pressure in the end and was put on bed rest. Luckily for me they did a non stress test every week and I got the reassurance each time that she was doing well. I delivered Hailey by c section and she couldn't have been more perfect. It truly felt like a huge miracle as she was brought into this world.
After having Hailey I was not ready for another but worried about what our chances would be next time. The Doctors always reassured me that once I was able to get pregnant my body would know what to do and the next time it would be so much easier. That put my mind at easy...until Hailey was around a year old and I realized if we wanted another we needed to start working on it. I had hoped we'd get lucky and be able to get pregnant fast but of course this time our battle has been worse and we have had to go through more extensive fertility treatments and have still not had a positive result. The past few years have been very hard on the both of us. I try to keep it in but its so hard when your heart wants and desires to bring another child into the world and it just isn't happening. Its frustrating. It makes you mad. It makes you feel hopeless. It makes you feel unsuccessful or as if you've failed in life. Its heartbreaking when your child begs for a sibling and you can't explain to them why you don't have one for them. I feel lost and alone a lot. I know the Lord is by my side and if the time is right we will be blessed again with another miracle baby but there are some days I just want to give up all hope. Sometimes I just want to say enough is enough I am not doing this anymore. I can't cry anymore because I have no tears left. I have no feelings to say or speak and I end up speechless in my want and desire. However I have to keep on plugging along and it sure is a hard battle to fight.
Over the past year while struggling with this it seems like my family and I have been hit with so many other medical trials as well. Its hard to be happy when something is constantly going wrong. I have been sick so much. I had to have two eye surgeries, two oral surgeries, numerous shots in my back and nerve, severe back pain that's unbearable, several sinus infections, etc etc etc It seems to never end and I just want to scream. I know the Lord thinks I am strong and knows I can handle these trials but when will enough be enough. I hope that next year will bring me lots of health and that I can find answers to medical problems and get them solved. I want to find real peace again and be content and happy with my life. I yearn for it. I just know right now I have to endure this and someday I will be blessed for it.
Alright sorry for my rambling. I feel good to have just wrote some of this out. I am sure it doesn't make any sense and you are all thinking I am crazy now but sometimes you just need to let some stuff out. I am already feeling a little better. However I am still hating today and getting those much dreaded negative results but we can endure it. Please help me have strength, please help me be strong. I need the love and support of everyone to help me make it through.
Sorry again for my ramblings. I will try to keep things positive from now on.
7 months ago

17 comments:
You are strong! For one I would have never know the hardships you have been going through because you are always so happy and positive all the time...and putting on that face must be really hard. I am so glad that you shared this so maybe we can just be there for you and you don't have to put on the brave face. I cannot even imagine what you are going through but I love you and if you need anything I am a phone call away. Thanks for sharing with us, now we can share your load. Good luck with the results. I don't understand it all either, but someone bigger than us does and we just have to have hope and faith in that, not easy, but it is the only thing to get us through.
Don't you dare ever apologize for saying what you feel. I can never say that I understand what you are going through but I know how much you love Hailey and how much you want to have another. We have to have faith that the Lord knows all and that things work themselves out. You are a great mom and you need to continue making us all laugh with your fun antics. I wish that I did half of the fun things with my kids that you do with Hailey. I hope that you feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything.
Isnt amazing that no one ever knows just what one person lives with everyday of there life ! I feel for your family, what a frustrating thing to have to be put thru. Im sorry and I wish you the best of luck you deserve to have another beautiful child ! It is so true that you hold such a strong face I look up to you for that I wish I did not let my anger affect the way I carry myself but unfortanatly Im stronger in other areas ! Thank you for sharing your story ! I will keep you in my prayers ! HAVE FAITH !
Wow this has got to be so hard. I cant even imagine what you are going through. Sometimes we take for granted the things we have but hearing what you have gone through brings reality to my eyes. I am so sorry to hear about the things you have gone through and I hope one day you will have another bundle of joy that will be just as cute and sweet as Hailey. If there is anything I can do let me know.
Positive schmositive! I say let it out when you need to. I know when we were going through our infertility crap (and that's what it is, a huge pile of crap), I desperately needed to talk about it, to get my feelings out there. It's so frustrating to have no control over something so huge, and for some reason talking about it made me feel like I could at least get a grip on it, even if I couldn't make things happen. You've been through a lot more than we have, and my heart aches for you.
We'll be praying for you. And do let me know if there is ever anything I can do, even if you just need someone to vent to.
Thanks for sharing that. I think you've handled it all amazingly well. My sister has struggled through infertility, I know it helped for her to have those who she could talk to and vent all the heartache and frustration to. I haven't dealt with that personally, but I do know heartache and know that comfort and understanding can be found through Christ when we're so weighed down with despair. My favorite story in the Book of Mormon is 3 Nephi 17 where Christ begins being so weighed down in despair. I've tried to follow his example when I get really low, he prayed for others and then gathered children around him and found joy. I know it's not always that simple to get through the dark times, but it helps. Let me know if you even need a listening ear!
I am sure nothing I could type would make you feel any better but just know you can vent any time you want whether it be here or you can talk to me in person. I think you are such a neat person and I am so happy you moved here. I hope that down the road you will be blessed with even more happiness no matter where it comes from.
Oh Katie!!! I could've written your post 6 years ago. I ache knowing how difficult this is for you and how much it hurts to go through these trials. Please know you are not alone and that I am here to listen to you. It's been so wonderful having you in our lives, I know we've been blessed by your presence. Try not to get discouraged...I know it's tough, but you'll get through this. I know you are so strong and I know at times you feel so weak. Put your trust in the Lord. Maybe in a month or so we can go to the temple together and the boys can hang out with the kiddos.
Also, I remember sometimes feeling guilty because I wanted another baby so bad, when I knew I should just be grateful for having Tanner....I know that Heavenly Father puts that "yearn" in your heart for a reason. He knows all too well what you are going through and he just sometimes has to whisper...be patient. We don't always understand, but Heavenly Father truly does have a plan for us AND our families. Hang in there!!!
Your little family has been through so much and it is so crappy ro feel sick all the time. My prayers are with you and I am hoping for the best! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I'm sure nothing i could say right now will erase the pain. But what everyone is telling you is true. You are strong and an amazing person. I can't necessarily relate to your specific problems, but i can relate to some of your feelings. I know what it feels like to feel overwhelmed with life. And nothing I've gone through really compares to your struggles. But it helps to know people are thinking of you. You are in my prayers.
Thanks for sharing your story! I think it is great that you stay so positive. Due to my PCOS problems, I have given up on having my own baby! I think God had other plans for me--that was how I ended up with my beautiful daughter! I didn't "have" her the way I planned, but I love her just the same!
hailey is such a sweet little blessing for you guys! it's so hard to have one & want more. i'm so sorry for all the disappointment. we have yet to try any fertility treatments, part of the reason is i'm scared to try so hard & be diappointed. good luck with it all & let me know if you need anything.
ps you're always so upbeat in person, i would have never guessed you had so much weighing on your shoulders. i guess sometimes you just gotta finally let it all out.
Katie I'm sorry things have been rough for you. But you are a great example of endurance for sure!
You've been tagged! See my blog for details.
I'm so sorry you have to go through all this ... you are incredible. Hailey is such a wonderful blessing and we will pray for you that you'll be able to enjoy more blessings like her.
I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I know it's not easy. We pray for you often.
I am so sorry about all the medical problems you have. Darn it! But you are so sweet to always mention how blessed you are to have your sweet Hailey. I hope this coming year is a good one with better health:)
Post a Comment