The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Weekend Away

A few weekends ago we were lucky enough to get away for the night! We headed up to Logan and went to the Martin Harris Pagent. Jared and I ahve seen it before but taking Hailey to see it was priceless. She is the perfect age to really start understanding true gospel stories. Her eyes were huge the whole time taking it all in. Definately not only a fun experience for Jared and I to see the pagent but even more rewarding to see her joy as well.
 
That night we spent the night in Logan and then got up the next morning and headed toward bear lake. We were going to go hike Minnetonka Cave. I had done this hike before when I was probably Hailey's  age and remembered it being so cool. I was excited to go back and check it out again. It didn't disappoint thats for sure. Despite my stupid numb foot, the cave being cold, slippery and wet, and me taking a bad fall it was amazing to see again. As Hailey said.....about five minutes into the tour, "This was worth every penny!" Her eyes were once again huge as we hiked all the way in and out and she learned about amazing things along the way.  I didn't even think to take my nice camera so you will have to enjoy bad camera shots but I highly recommend if your in the area to go check out this awesome cave!










No comments: