The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I think I can...

or at least that is what I tell Hailey to motivate her. I have told her that if she says that and is positive she can do it. Needless to say I dunno that it works for me but I did get a sewing machine for Christmas and I did decide I had better start trying to play around with it. I have never sown anything before or had any lessons. This is all self taught. Oh and to clarify my one experience with sewing was in Junior High Home Ec and I couldn't even get a bookmark with different stitches right.

My first project was to make a rag quilt for Geerta. It turned out okay for never doing anything before. THe pattern looks wierd but I let Haliey pick it! Haha Second I decided to quickly make a burp cloth/taggie blanket for Geerta as well. I made this in like 20 mins and didn't iron the fabric out or anything. I figure Geerta will never know and it gave me a chance to practice with the super hard minki fabric. Hailey was super excited with her new stuff and I had fun playing around with my new sewing machine...DISCLAIMER....DON"T LOOK CLOSELY I will cry if you do! Enjoy!



No comments: