The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Monday, July 29, 2013

2nd Grade Year End Awards Assembly

Hailey and her favorite teacher ever Mrs. Backner...she really enjoyed having her as a teacher this year and will miss not being able to see her at the school next year!

 I am so proud of Hailey and how much she has learned and grown in the last year. I can't believe she is already done with Second Grade! I was so proud of Hailey at the year end awards assembly. Each year the kids are able to complete requirements to earn the Distinguished cub Award. They are given a list at the beginning of the year and then they can pick what ones to complete to receive the award. Hailey completed all the requirements and went above and beyond!

Also this year they did extra awards at the assembly. They gave a citizenship award to one kid from each class. They were picked for being a good friend, hard worker, helpful, kind, going out of their way to do things without being asked, following directions, setting a good example, etc. I was shocked when Hailey was picked from her class. Each kid that was picked got a certificate and a trophy. She was pretty excited and I was a proud Mom to know that she does work hard not only at home but at School too! What a great way to end the Year! Way to go Hailey!
 Showing off her awards!





This is when she received the citizenship award. I know its blurry, but I had to snap a quick shot!

No comments: