The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hailey's Jasper Dance Team Party

Today I hosted Hailey's annual team party. I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do this year. I knew for sure I wanted to make competition emergency kits for their dance bags but that's all! I kept trying to think of something fun to make that was a keepsake. I ending up deciding to make pillowcases and have each girl put their hand print and name on everyone's pillowcase. I think they turned out really cute. I talked to the girls about how each girl is needed to be part of a team so when you use your pillowcase think of how important everyone is on the team. Also always remember that we need to be kind and nice to everyone on the team. We need to like everyone, look out for each other and work together! We had lunch, made pillowcases and flip flops(thanks to another mom for providing this stuff) and our emergency kits. While the girls were doing the various activities we watching old dance videos from the studio. All in all I think we had a good successful event!
 I set the room up in the studio colors, Black and PURPLE!! I also added pictures of there team! This is the table where they assembly their emergency kits. They were made out of a soap box that had their name in vinyl. I made place cards that listed the item and how many they needed to put in their box. We did items like: bobby pins, safety pins, bandaids, ponytail holders, etc. There is always something small like that we forget at competition so it will be nice to have those kits in our dance bags for competition this year!

 We started with blank pillowcases and had moms help each girl paint their hand print and then they wrote their name on.
 Ellie, Hailey and Brea
 Cute girls eating lunch and watching dance videos!

 TEAM JASPER
 Hailey working on the pillowcases

 Hailey modeling her cute flip flops!
 Hailey and Brea working on their emergency kits!
 Finished pillowcases! Just waiting to dry!
 It was so cute watching the girls sit around and talk about all the dances from years before. Such fun memories!
 Team Jasper modeling one of the pillowcases. I am sure these girls will love using their pillowcases and dreaming of dancing and their friends!
 FLip flops!

No comments: