The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Goodbye Summer...

I am a little sad when I wake up each morning and realize it is now transitioning to fall. Yesterday I woke up and looked out the window to see the pool cover closed for season. Seeing that was like the door was shut to summer for me since we spend most of our time in the pool during the Hot Summer days! It makes me sad the summer flew by and that I spent most of my time sick and in bed. I always am excited for summer to come so I can do lots of fun and different things. Despite all my major health issues we still tried to enjoy some fun. At the beginning of Summer I had planned to make Hailey a small mini book to remember her fun summer. Well little did I know we'd end up not doing much and only a few things small things. Since I had it in my mind how to make it I figured i might as well. It's not the best and I threw it together pretty quick but Hailey's face was priceless when she saw it and remembered doing fun things this summer. She can't wait to take it to preschool for show and tell and show all her friends! Here are a few pictures...ENJOY!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Darling book!

Nicole Marsh said...

I feel that same way, I look forward to summer and then it is over and I am not sure what I did with it. I love that book, it is so cute.

Darren and Dianne said...

That is too cute! How fun for Hailey to have that. I wouldn't be that creative to think of doing something like that. I was sad to see the pool covered too. I spent a lot of time there this summer and I already can't wait to go next summer ;) I guess I shouldn't say that yet, that will make for a long winter ;(

Toni said...

YOur book is adorable!!!

Mickie Ann said...

I am sad to see summer go, but I am way tired of the heat and want to wear sweaters ( I love sweaters & jackets) I think I just like change! - Those books are adorable! I can't wait will we are done with school and I can have some funds for fun prodjects like that!! Have a fun FALL!! -

Jacci Halliday said...

so cute! You inspired me so I went out to search for chipboard last night and Michaels had some cute ones for $5.99. It was all they had so I thought oh well...I picked up 2 and headed to the checkout. Well they had been marked down to 1 cent each! Needless to say I went back for about 20 more. Whoo-hoo!p.s. I love the fabric on Hailey's skirt you made. Where did you find it?