The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Carpel Tunnel Surgery ROCKS!

I am writing while my hands are both in these lovely braces. It's very hard to move them but I am going insane and I have to get on the computer right? Last wed I had carpel tunnel surgery on both my hands. You may think I am a little crazy but my insurance was maxed so I wanted to get it done this year. Honesty it hasn't been too bad but it sucks! I am not able to do much so I appreciate Jared so much for helping me and being such a saint. He has and is being a great and dedicated husband. I owe him big time. He has had to help me in ways I am sure he wouldn't want to! Thanks to everyone else who has watched Hailey, Called to check in, brought meals(and we had wonderful good food to eat which rocked), etc. I can't even thank you enough. I was able to take my bandages off on Saturday which was awesome. My arms were wrapped up pretty much and my fingers too. I couldn't get them wet so showering woudl have been super challenging. I do have to say that shower on Saturday was the best feeling ever! Now I am just wearing the braces and my fingers are somewhat free...which is so much nicer. The down side is...because my fingers are free I think I can do anything. However when I go to do something it hurts and I scream out in pain. FOr instance I drop a lot of stuff cause it hurts so bad when I pick it up. You'd think I would get the point and give up trying but you have free fingers so you forget. We are close to a week from surgery so hopefully it keeps getting better from here on out right? I am sure you don't want to see these pictures but a few people asked. And this is almost a week after surgery so they are already starting to look a lot better. Its crazy how far up into my palm is bruised though. So cyberworld I miss you and am trying to come back. I may not type the best but I gotta tryto keep up. And by teh way I am so sick of being in my house so if you need to get out and need someone to go wtih you GIVE ME A CALL!! Thanks again everyone for your help!~


3 comments:

Allison, Dave and McKenna said...

Wow that looks like so much fun i think i will go get it done right now!! Just Kidding those look nasty but thanks for sharing, I hope they get better soon!! When Hailey is better she will have to come over and play and give you a break!!

The Kidd Family said...

Wow they are very bruised, I cant imagine how they looked at first. I hope you have a fast recovery!

Ginger said...

Gross! Hope you had fun last night!