SO last Friday night Hailey ended up running a really high fever. We gave her medicine and watched her for the next day but figured on Saturday when it was still pretty high we might as well take her in. So off to Kids care we went where Hailey was diagnosed with strep throat and put on amoxicillian. Yeah she was starting to feel better and I was going insane and needed out of the house so we decided to head to the Christmas Sing Along Downtown on Monday night. After when we were walking to the car I told Jared to put Hailey down to walk. She was saying she couldn't walk and her legs hurt. WE assumed she was just being a drama queen. Needless to say we come home that night and as Jared is taking her boots off he says, "Katie you might want to come look at this.."Well for Jared to say that freaks me out so I ran over to Haliey and saw her legs that looked somewhat like this:
I was a little concerned and we hadn't given her the antibiotic yet so I told Jared I wonder if it is a reaction to the medicine. We decided to call the on call doctor and he told us to stop giving her the medicine and bring her in the morning. I was worried but still okay at this point... So we tried to sleep and then in the morning called first thing when we woke up. She had an appointment and off we went. The doctor came into examine her and told us that she had Henoch Schonlein Purpura also known as HSP. Okay we thought as she explained it but I think we were still worried adn in shock. Apparently it isnt' related to the medicine or the strep but will come on after something like that occurs. They had to check her urine and blood pressure. Sure enough in her urine was blood and protein which can happen with this. So she asked us to head to the hosptial to get some lab work done. Well if you know my daughter she freaks at shots so what was going to happen at this. Oh NO I was freaked for her. On our way to the hospital we stopped by Jared's Dads work so they could give her a blessing and headed on our way without telling her much. Needless to say it was a long long visit with lots of tears and screaming. We bribed Hailey though because we knew it'd be painful with a visit to build a bear. And the wait begins to hear back from the Dr and the worry sets in. I dunno why this has made me so emotional and upset/ I am so worried about her and I hate that I dont' feel good either and am not much help. Poor Jared is a trooper. The Dr . told us it would hurt her and to try to keep her off her feet. Which means of course Daddy is carrying her all over. THey said to have her keep her feet up and rest. There are some signs to worry about but its a good sign if she is happy and active which of course she has been. Today she crawled all over the house wanting to play. Anyways after a long wait the dr called and said that the blood levels were elevated which is normal with this and that we won't have the answers back on a couple of them for a few days. SHe said its good we have those though in case we later need to compare them. I was pretty upset and worried and I think she calmed me down quite a bit. I am still a worry wart though... We have a follow up in the morning and i Hope it goes okay. Hailey is pretty upset about her Polka Dots and doesn't want anyone to see or know about them. I am a wreck worrying about my poor Hailey and all teh unknown. We hope things will start turning around for her but they could not so we have to keep an open mind. If you can remember us in your prayers we would appreciate it.
Here is a picture from Last night
And this sweet thing cuddled on me till she fell asleep tonight> It brought tears to my eyes but I was glad I could hold her since I can't help her much.

9 comments:
Oh, your poor baby! What sad looking little legs. I hope Santa brings relief to you, Hailey and Jared!
I just feel bad for Hailey and wish there was more that I can do to make her feel better. At least we have Christmas to distract her and keep her spirits up. Hopefully she will recover quickly.
Oh my gosh Katie, I would be the same way if I was in your shoes. They look like they hurt. I hope everything starts looking up for you and your cute little family, you guys have had your fair share this year ! Little miss Hailey is a strong little girl and with her faith she will be ok ! I hope you guys enjoy your Christmas and start the new year with a fresh start. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers ! Keep your head up !
Oh my! Please let me know if you need anything. Poor thing.
That looks terrible! I hope she has a good Christmas despite her dots. Let us know when she is feeling better so we can play.
Ginger
Egad, those look painful! We'll be praying for your little family.
Oh poor little Hailey! I hope she gets better soon!
That is unbelieveable. Kylee keeps saying ouchy, ouchy. We feel so sorry for Hailey. She will be in our prayers. Merry Christmas
Love, Koe
Poor Hailey, that is no fun! Trust me, I know! I actually had this when I was about 10 years old. I had the hardest time walking. I hope she recovers quickly and that her "polka dots" go away and don't come back!
Post a Comment