The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good Ole Boise, Idaho......

So We had the wonderful opportunity to take a mission vehicle up to Boise Idaho this weekend. We have never made this trip before so I thought it woudl be fun. However I do like to make fun of Idaho being farms and no much there....ask me about my Pocatello trip and you'll understand why...sorry to all you Idahoans I just like to be a pain! Well we decided that we'd head up Friday night and spend the night then come back on Saturday.

We left in the early afternoon and got to good ole Boise about six or so. We were all so hungry and tired from being in the car. Hailey was a pain on this trip... I told Jared if we could just find the mall there were some decent restaurants...of course I checked out the mall before this trip and they even had a GYMBOREE i was shocked!! So after driving around the wrong way we finally found the mall. We went in a few restaurants and they had long waits. Finally i just said pull over and we will eat here. It was a mexican restaurant so I thought oh this will be great! Needless to say it was HORRIBLE> the service was crappy and the food sucked too. $30 later I could have had a much better dinner. So as we are pulling out we see like five of our favorite places. Oh wells I guess you live and learn....

SO then we go check into our hotel and our room has two small double beds. I was busting up cause with Jared's height their is no way he'd fit on that bed. So he called the front desk and they let us move to a room with a queen. So by this point of course I am annoyed. Hailey wanted to go swimming and I wanted to sit in the hot tub so off we went. Needless to say there were five hunderd....well it felt like it...people there and it was not even enjoyable. The hot tub was just luke warm and I got hit in the head with a dumb baskeball. At this point I was annoyed and we decided to leave.

We went back to our room where I tried to get on the internet but of course the free wireless didn't work. If only you could have seen how irritated I was. I decided we should all just go get dressed and go get a treat. Mainly I just need a big ole Diet Coke after my annoying day. We had seen a Walmart earlier so we decided to go there and see where we were meeting the Elders in the morning. We strolled aroudn Walmart for a while and I kept thinking it was so wierd how tired Hailey was. When we got back in the car it was almost midnight. No wonder she was so tired.

Therefore we headed back to the hotel and went to bed! I was up all night because I couldn't' sleep and the bed was so uncomfortable etc etc etc. Then we had to be up super early to meet the Elders. We had talked about having Jared just go meet them and then we could go to the mall or do something fun after...however I was annoyed so We opted not to do that. We got all our stuff packed up and headed with Jared to meet the Elders. Finally they arrived we switched the cars and it was time for breakfast. We got some yummy McDonalds. You can't go wrong with their breakfast! We decided that we'd just head home since it was early and everything wouldn't be opened yet.

Basically it was a boring trip and things didn't pan out the way we would have liked. I was a little bummed about the whole trip but was glad we got out of the city for a drive....well as we were driving home the sun was so bright and we were looking in the car and we found the coolest sunglasses ever. I think THIS IS THE Best part of the trip. Seeing Jared in the "stolen" sunglasses. HA HA HA I haven't laughed that hard in quite sometime. SO Thank you to the Boise Idaho Elders for the Sunglasses. Jared was quite the RIOT!

PS Sorry I have no other pictures. Of course i didn't take my camera so I didn't document anything! LOL

PPS SORRY IF THIS MAKES NO SENSE I AM SO TIRED AND HAD LACK OF SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!


5 comments:

Peter Jorgensen said...

Katie - Hi! I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago but haven't had anything to say until I saw this one :) Sorry to hear about your crappy trip, I love Boise! We were just up there a couple weeks ago to see my sister in law who is about to have a baby... I've been trying to talk Beth into moving there, it helps that her sister is there but now she doesn't want to leave the mommy group. Hope you don't write Boise off because of one bad trip, it really is beautiful up there once you get past all the confusion (BTW all the really good restaurants are away from the mall... they have an area like Jordan Commons with tons of restaurants around a theater that's got some really good stuff)

Katie Hendrickson said...

That is toooo funny! At least you did get to get out of our city and have an annoying adventure! Hailey is a trooper.
xoxo

Tyler said...

I like Boise!

Lenae said...

Love the glasses. Jared looks like a rock star!!!! :) Our last trip to Boise wasn't that stellar either. . . It must just be an Idaho thing. JK

Shanny said...

I LOVE this post. It's one of those bad vacations that just keeps going and going and going. Even while it's all going to pot, you almost have to laugh at the amount of bad luck going on. If nothing else, you got a great story out of Boise.