I am sure you will all remember back to this post a few months ago. I will spare you all those details this time around. If you want to read that biography you can definitely click the link and see what it was all about.
Needless to say today marks the ending of an era for Jared and I. I am feeling a little bitter sweet. My heart is broken into a million little pieces. We have been doing numerous infertility treatments and this last month was our last big push to try to bring another baby into this world. And boy was it a crazy month of several ups and downs, tons and tons of money spent, shots, medicines, blood tests, ultrasounds, spending more money on drugs, doctors appointments, more doctor appointments, more shots, even more bills to the doctor, more medicine, and procedures all along the way. I can't even explain what a roller coaster we have been through. Well today marked the day that we were able to test to see what the results were. Needless to say after some blood work our hope was shattered and we will not be having another baby. It is the end for us and we won't be going through all of this anymore to bring a baby into the world. We are grateful that we have Hailey and know now that obviously we are not meant to have any other children and we are going to have to learn to accept that fact. It isn't easy. My heart breaks, My eyes cry rivers, I feel pain, I feel numb, Something is missing inside of me. But we will endure Because I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and this is just part of the trials that we have to endure here on this Earth. I hope that I can be blessed someday and be able to be perfect in the next life and have numerous children!
Everyone keeps telling us to just keep trying or it will happen. But to let everyone know its not going to happen now. We both prayed about it and agreed that this was the last straw and if we didn't have any luck all the doors to carrying a child would be closed in our lives. People have mentioned us looking into adoption and yes someday maybe we would consider that but at this time we don't feel we have the physical or emotional strength to endure that process. And as we are not opposed to adopting, it just doesn't seem like the right thing for our family at this time. We have fasted and prayed over these options more than you can imagine. I feel peace with our decision as hard as it can be. Both Jared and I feel we are doing what is best for our family. As hard as it is to just say its over we are done it's amazing how much calmness and peace we have both felt. I know that the Lord Listens to our prayers and I know that he is feeling the pain with us but also by putting our Trust in the Lord he is helping us to make it though this hard trial in our lives.
When I think about what is happening to us my heart breaks for so many different reasons. The one it breaks the most for is my precious Hailey. I know I can't express enough how much I love her to death and what a miracle we know she was to us. Even more so now. We are so grateful for her and wouldn't ever want anyone to think we weren't. That little girl is loved to pieces and she is the light of our lives. We revolve around Hailey. My heart breaks for her though knowing now that she will never have a sibling. She will never get to have that bond that I have with my sisters. She will never get to help with a younger sibling or be an example to them. She will never get to talk about the crazy things that Mom and Dad did and have a sibling agree with her. She will never get to experience what it is like to have brothers/sisters. She will never have a little sister or brother to annoy and bug her. She will never get to pick on a younger sibling. The list could go on and on. I ache that I can not explain to her why this is the way it is. I wish she could understand. I hate having her ask for a brother or sister and me not being able to give that to her. I just hope that she can be strong and even though she won't have these experiences that we can fill that void in her life. I hope that someday she can get married and have the opportunity through marriage to have brothers and sisters and also be able to bear lots of children. My biggest fear is that she will resent us for not giving her a sibling so I hope and pray that we can let her know that's what we wanted but sometimes the Lord has other plans for us.
Another reason I am sad is obviously you can not even imagine how bad I want a baby. It breaks my heart to know I will never get to be pregnant again or bear another child. I won't get to feel a baby kick. Feel the baby grow watch a child come into this life. Go through the pain of bearing a child. I won't get to have sleepless nights and newborn exhaustion. I will never get to rock my own baby. Or give it a bottle. Dress is cute. Give it loves and attention. Take a baby's pictures. Change diapers even the poopy ones! I will never get to experience what it is like to have a second baby or to have "kids." I don't get to buy diapers or formula, Or walk through the baby sections to find stuff for my baby. i won't get to lose Binky's and buy new ones. I won't get to experiences all those firsts again. First smile, first laugh, first bath, first word, walking, crawling, etc. I could go on and on but I am sure you get the point.
The thing that breaks my heart the most is that I wish I could have enjoyed all those things a little longer. Hailey grew up way to fast but I wish I could go back and ponder on those memories of her and have them real again. I wish I would have been able to hold her more, love her more, do more little things with her and really enjoyed that time as an infant with her. So I plead for you to love your little ones more than anything. There are some of us out there that will never get to experience that or experience it again so enjoy it while you can/ Don't take those precious things for granted.
Alright I have rambled enough. My eyes are so swollen and full of tears I am sure I am making no more sense. I can barely see to type. I am sorry to write all this. I am sure you will all think I am totally nuts now but I really wanted to share some of my deep feelings with you as this comes to an end for us. No more baby era for us. No more infertility battles.
We will now be opening a new chapter of our lives and changing our focus and starting fresh on when and what we wish to accomplish now.
Please bear with me as I try to cope with new finding in our lives. I may not be up to much for a little while as I grieve per say but I do still love and care about you and I will come around shortly.
Thanks for listening to my troubles!
PS I am still sick. I think that I have now caught Jared's bronchitis and to top all of this off I feel miserable and awful. I have so much congestion and a horrible cough. I feel like I can't breath and I am so miserable I can't sleep at night. I am pretty sure I will be heading back to the doctor tomorrow to see if I need stronger treatment or if something else is going on. I just want all this medical crap to go away for a while and for my family to just have some peace and no more trials...at least for a few weeks or something. Alright sorry again for all the typing.
7 months ago

16 comments:
Oh, Katie. My heart aches for you. I think the world of you and know that you are already one amazing mom. You put me to shame! Just know that everything happens for a reason. Although we really may never know why. Hailey is extremely lucky to have you!! My prayers are with you!
I have had a lot of mixed emotions today, It is definately a very sad day knowing we won't be able to have another baby bless our lives like Hailey has. It makes me appreciate all of the happy memories we have with Hailey and a desire to create many more happy memmories. Its wierd though as sad as it is, I feel at peace with our decision and know it just wasn't meant to be. Like Katie said it has been a long process. We have been trying now for about three years and we have fasted and prayed about this many times. As crazy and hectic as this month has been, the one constant thing was the calm feeling of peace that what was meant to happen would happen.
Love you.......blast, I don't even know what else to say. You are so strong and this is such a tough process, you take it so well. You are such an amazing Mom and friend. I feel so lucky to know you. We'll make it, even though it sucks sometimes.
thinking of you all and love ya.
Oh, Katie. That is so. . . heartbreaking. And hard. And awful. I like that you said you need time to grieve, because you DO. You have definitely lost something, and you should take the time to grieve for it. We're thinking of and praying for you.
i am so sorry to hear that all the attempts have been unsuccessful. hailey is such a beautiful child & i know that she chose you guys for a reason. i pray that you all can make it through this & eventually be happy again. what a tough decision to decide to stop, but also, i'm sure a lot of stress will be relieved. hopefully, you can start to heal both physically & mentally. we love you!
My heart aches for you! I wanted to cry as I read your post, although I don't know what it feels like to be in your place, I felt like I could understand what you are going through. I read a post on a different blog about the same type of thing and they said that you do need to grieve, because it is a loss. I am so sorry! I am glad that you are feeling peace over the situation and know that what happens it ment to happen. Good luck with everything. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
We love you Katie, Jared and Hailey,
We are terribly sad for, your heart break. We will keep your family in our prayers.
Love, Craig, Koe, and Kylee
Katie, I'm so sorry; that is very sad and discouraging. I think you make an amazing mom, and when you're ready I think you will find your own way to do that again. You and your family are in my prayers.
I am so sorry. Reading your post made me cry because my heart breaks for you. I understand a little of the difficulties in conceiving because it is or was so hard for us as well. I can't imagine having to go through all that you have. You have a great outlook on life and I'm glad that you have Hailey to help ease the pain. Always remeber that no matter what your Heavely Father loves you and has a plan for you! I hope that you get feeling better soon. I love you and if there is anything that I can do for you please let me know. :)
oh, Katie, I cry with you. I am so very sorry. I wish I could give my ability of bearing childeren to you, funny, I have a very hard time wanting more, because of how sick I do get. I always have wondered, why are we asked to procreate and yet it doesn't come easy to some of us??? I don't have the answer, I guess I never really will here on this earth. Someday we'll understand more. We pray for you and your family always. We love you all so very very very much! We are very excited to see you all in a couple of weeks. We are comming down for Conference Weekend. My hugs go out to you!! Love lots,
I am so sorry. I know how badly you wanted another baby and this has got to be the worst pain you could feel. My heart aches with you and I hope you find peace soon. Hailey is so lucky to have parents like you and Jared and I am sure one day she will understand the trials you went through to try and give her a sibling and be so grateful for everything you have done for her. If you need anything I am only a phone call or email away.
I am so glad that you have such feelings of peace about this descision. I know that God has many, many more blessings in store for your family and that your lives will be full and beautiful. You hit the jack pot with your little Hailey, too. She is a doll. I'll be praying that you continue to feel at peace and if ever you need an escape, call me. You know I'm up for escaping even if it's last minute.
I'm so sorry to hear that your fertility treatments haven't ended the way you wanted them to. It's a hard road that those who haven't traveled down will never fully understand. I'm glad that despite all the sadness that you must feel that you have felt peace as well. Unfortunately, people will continue to make comments, some of which will be hurtful (even though they have good intentions and are just trying to inspire hope). I'll be thinking about you!
I am truly sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry for the hurt you are feeling. But I am glad that you are able to feel peace in the midst of such a heartbreaking situation. You are in my thoughts.
Katie, I am so sorry! I don't think there is anything that I could say to lessen the pain you are feeling right now and make things any better. I admire your courage! I can not imagine how hard this must be. Stay strong. The Lord does have a plan for all of us and even though things may not always make sense, we must put our faith and trust in him. You are in our prayers!
Post a Comment