So after the eye doctor we headed home to drop Hailey off at our neighbors to be baby sit and headed down to St. Marks for my nerve block in my back. I was really nervous about it. We ended up waiting forever as of course they were behind. I have learned to expect that now with any doctor....I think that is because I have gone to sooo many lately I just learned they are never caught up! Finally it was my turn for my shot. They did the procedure. He wasn't sure if he got the needle in the correct place for the nerve so he had to move it around a bit. It was pretty painful but I tried to be brave. My whole arm kept going numb while I laid there. Finally they were all done. I felt like i was in a lot more pain then the previous shots I'd had. THe pain seemed a lot stronger and differnet than the others. The doctor explained to me that the nerve is very close to the bone and that the outer case of the bone is very very sensitive so that coudl be why I was bothered so bad. When we got home my leg and foot was numb. THey do say it takes a few days for the shot to go into effect and that you can get worse for a day or two. I was in so much pain I came home and took a wonderful pain pill and basically slept and rested the rest of the day. Today i was feeling a lot better than yesterday. I still have to be careful and take it easy but the pain is decresasing. I am still having numbness in my foot and legs so hopefully that will eventually go away and that this shot worked! IF I walk really fast or bend the wrong way I feel quite a bit of pain but it looks like we are on the mend now. I head back to the doctor in four weeks so lets hope things are a ton better so I won't have to have surgery.
So sorry for the long update. I was goign to make it short but of course it always ends up being way too long! SO here are a few pictures of Hailey in one of my new favorite Gymboree outfits. I just love the way this fits her. She doesn't look the best since it was at night and she'd been at the neighbors all day but i still had to show her off!

1 comment:
I hope the shot worked for you! Can't imagine not being able to move around well while trying to be a mom!
Post a Comment