The Larsen Family

The Larsen Family

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update!

SO I went back up to the Moran Eye Center yesterday for a follow up. After a three hour wait I finally got in to see a doctor for all of 15 mins. Not worth waiting for in my opinion with a two year old driving you nuts too. LOL Anyways he says my eye is healed about 90% which is really good. He told me to count my blessings because most people who have this happen end up with permanent scars on their cornea and lose their eye sight. I am glad mine didn't get that bad. He gave me an additional eye drop to use with the other and told me to come back on Friday. Friday is also my shot so I will be living at the doctors!!! Anyways they think that this happened to my eye from sleepign in my contacts. I had specific contacts that said they were okay to sleep in. However th eye doctor told me that they see more problems with people who sleep in their contacts that say it is okay too then those whose say not to that do sleep in them. HE said bottom line is never trust what they say and don't sleep in your contacts. SO I guess the moral of the story is I have to take my contacts out at night....I hate waking up and not being able to see but I don't want this pain again so I will comply! I still am going to have to wait a while to wear my contacts again and I will have to slowly adjust back to them to make sure my eyes will be okay. My eye still hurts and I can tell it isn't healed all the way but I am glad to be back on the road to recovery. Hopefully it will start feeling a lot better and be less sensitive to light so I can function a little more. Anways ....So there you have my little update!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so yucky about your eye. Eyes are so delicate and seeing is one thing you don't take for granted! I am glad things are looking up for you and that you are "on the road to recovery." That must make you feel a lot better! So, you and Lauri live so close to me that we should all do lunch sometime and do the girl "chit-chat" thing! I would love to see you girls! Oh... and if you read Twilight... be prepared to fall in love and never want to put the book down! Edward Cullen is the man! LOL!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the reminder to never sleep in my contacts. I'm glad your eye is getting better though!

Tracie said...

I am happy to hear! Lasik is the only way to go!